Hope everybody’s staying home and staying safe. Wash your hands. Call your loved ones. And, if it’s an option, do some birdwatching – from your window, deck, or yard. Birding can also even be a way to get some exercise while practicing social distancing – check out this article from National Audubon.
- Migratory Bird Day/Earth Day – This event has been postponed until fall, date yet to be determined. Thanks to everybody who volunteered to help with our booth and the pine cone suet feeders. Our tentative plan is to do the feeders whenever the event is rescheduled – the suet feeders will actually be even more appropriate in the fall! So, hope you’ll volunteer again when it’s rescheduled.
- Photo Show – National Audubon has suspended the Audubon Photography Awards traveling exhibit, so it won’t be coming to Roseburg. Not clear at this point if we might be able to get it here at a later date. As a result, we’ve also cancelled the local photo show/contest. Thanks to all who submitted photos. We’re hoping to come up with some other way to share the local photo entries.
- Annual Meeting – The UVAS annual meeting scheduled for May 13 at the Douglas County Museum is still tentatively on, but likely will need to be postponed or modified substantially.
- Programs – We won’t be scheduling any programs for the foreseeable future.
- Field Trips – We may offer field trips as conditions allows, modified to needed to make sure we all stay safe.
- Board Meetings – In-person board meetings are being suspended indefinitely. We’re continuing to conduct business as needed by e-mail. We may consider virtual meetings. If you have an issue you’d like to bring to the board’s attention, please e-mail Diana Wales.