Members of National Audubon who live in the Douglas County area are automatically members of the Umpqua Valley Audubon Society. To join UVAS via the National Audubon website, go to: and from the pull down menu select: OR Umpqua Valley Audubon Society (T56)
If you would like to make a donation directly to Umpqua Valley Audubon to support the work we do, please mail a check to PO Box 381, Roseburg, Oregon, 97470
Frustrated with the limited recycling options? UVAS has partnered with BottleDrop Oregon so that most of your beverage containers can be recycled and earn money for UVAS. We are expanding our education outreach, and these funds will help.
Any container you pay a deposit on when purchased is redeemable at BottleDrop. Generally, if it’s in a sealed glass, metal, or plastic bottle or you can pour it and drink it, it’s covered. If in doubt, leave it out. More detailed information is available at Bottle Drop Oregon.
Participating is easy:
- Get a coded blue bag by:
- Contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to have her mail you a bag; or
- Pick up a bag at:
- A UVAS event;
- From Mark Hamm’s dental office on Harvard (call the office first at 541-673-3355 to confirm office hours);
- From Beth Brown’s front porch in the Laurelwood neighborhood of Roseburg (e-mail Beth first at email@example.com so she can put a bag out for you).
- Fill one of our bar-coded blue bags with your beverage containers.
- Drop it off at the BottleDrop Roseburg Center on NE Garden Valley between Clint Newell and Coastal. The bags go into the metal door outside and to the left of the glass entry doors between the hours of 6 am to 10 pm. You can also leave the bag inside between the hours 9am-5pm.
But please be careful what goes into the bag: Just one piece of trash in a bag will cause BottleDrop to dispose of the entire bag with no credit UVAS.
Already have a Bottle Drop account? You can still support UVAS through your account.
- Log into your account.
- Click “donate to a fundraiser” from the orange banner.
- Type “Umpqua Valley Audubon” under Fundraiser Name and hit search.
- Click on the UVAS logo and follow the instructions on the next screen.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon Smile is a program through which Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to charities selected by customers. Umpqua Valley Audubon Society is now a registered charity. You can support our work by going to smile.amazon.com and selecting “Umpqua Valley Audubon Society” (not UVAS) as the charity you wish to support. Or, if you already participate in the Amazon Smile program you can switch your charity election to Umpqua Valley Audubon Society. Thanks so much!
Connecting people with nature to inspire protection of our natural world
PO Box 381, Roseburg, Oregon 97470 - email@example.com